Just over a year ago, on August 30, 2017, Aptitude Software and RevStream joined forces. We thought we would look back at the past year to see how the two companies have come together, what's in store for the Aptitude RevStream product and how customers have benefited.
When RevStream joined Aptitude Software it fulfilled an aim of truly serving global and diverse finance teams. Aptitude Software's global finance and accounting expertise in the banking, telco and insurance industries, coupled with RevStream's experience in high tech, media and entertainment was a win for companies, customers and the broader market.
A combined 30 years on the ground experience, cross-industry knowledge and committed teamwork has helped the two companies become one. RevStream, with its Silicon Valley, California location and U.S. client base, gave Aptitude Software firm footing in the West Coast market.
Likewise, Aptitude Software's global presence has better allowed us to serve existing RevStream clients across their operations and to bring Aptitude RevStream to a global marketplace. The benefits of an expanded team (now over 340 members globally) have been felt in all aspects of the product. Here is where we have seen major benefits and growth:
- RevStream’s strategic cloud presence and offerings has helped inform and guide Aptitude Software's cloud strategy. The recent launch of Aptitude’s Lease Accounting Engine (ALAE) on the Aptitude cloud has been extremely positive. The Cloud Operations team under Aptitude RevStream has expanded to a global team to better service our combined customer base. As global finance teams move to a cloud first strategy, Aptitude Software’s ability to offer customers both cloud and on premise options across Aptitude Software’s product suite helps support a key CFO strategy.
- Full integration of Aptitude RevStream into Aptitude Software’s global support organization brings a significant number of additional support consultants, enhanced time zone support and service options. Dedicated First Line, Second Line and Third Line Support teams are trained on Aptitude RevStream and ready to support globally distributed organizations.
- Expanded and enhanced Aptitude RevStream product training portfolio is now in place. New customers credit the new Aptitude RevStream Essentials course for kickstarting their project teams to achieve success quickly. Existing customers were able to take advantage of an advanced boot camp style training in May with positive feedback.
- Product development for Aptitude RevStream continues to remain in Redwood Shores, CA. This team has been strengthened with additional engineering and QA bandwidth from Aptitude Software’s Poland development centre.
- New intitiaves have been launched around Aptitude RevStream, including the inaugural Customer Advisory Board (CAB). The CAB was launched in May 2018, with 4 key customer partners to advise on Aptitude RevStream product direction. This critical input will shape how Aptitude RevStream will further enable organizations to achieve optimized revenue management in a post-ASC 606 / IFRS 15 landscape.
- Relationships with Big 4 and systems integrators have expanded. In August 2018, KPMG and Aptitude RevStream formalized a Managed Service offering to help companies adopt ASC 606 ."Clients can better respond to the fast-changing business landscape with our experienced team and Aptitude Software's robust accounting platform." Sara Dioguardi, Advisory Principal, Technology Enablement, KPMG LLP.
- Aptitude RevStream clients now have access to 100+ implementation resources globally to support their project implementation requirements. Cross training on the Aptitude product portfolio gives a deeper and more extensive skillset to serve Aptitude RevStream customers in their initiatives.
As companies move beyond ASC 606/IFRS 15 compliance projects, we are seeing organizations consider the additional benefits they can achieve with Aptitude RevStream and the entire Aptitude Software product portfolio. We look forward to many more years of delivering on our commitment to equip CFOs with competitive advantages by streamlining and automating financial accounting processes and enabling faster, actionable insights.